Fair Scholarship Program
New York State Association of Agricultural
Students who have actively participated in the Columbia County Fair may be eligible to apply for college scholarships under a program offered by the New York State Association of Agricultural Fairs.
Typically, the NYSAAF awards up to 10 scholarships of $1,000 each. Eligibility Applicant must be in his/her senior year of high school in New York State, or be a New York State resident already attending college, and planning to pursue or already pursuing a degree at an accredited institution of higher learning.
In addition, he/she must be presently or previously active at the Columbia County Fair as an exhibitor, judge, volunteer, or any other capacity. Scoring Applications will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Essay 15%
- Citizenship and Leadership 25%
- Fair Participation 30%
- Field of Study 5%
- Presentation of Application 15%
- Academic Achievement 10%
Instructions for Applying
- Make sure you complete the entire application according to directions.
- The application must be completed online; you may add additional pages as necessary. To access the application, visit this web site: http://www.nyfairs.org/scholarship.htm
- Do not submit the completed application by email.
- Instead, print your completed application on plain white paper, and submit the hard copy to the Columbia County Fair for endorsement.
- Deliver it to the Fair Office at 32 Church Street, Chatham NY 12037.
The Fair will then forward the application to the NYSAAF on your behalf.
Please submit your completed, hard-copy application to the Columbia County Fair office by the second Friday in April.
Applicants are invited to call the Fair Office at 392-2121 for further information.